Saturday, April 10, 2021

When Messi does solo goals

Doing a solo goal is no easy task. It usually requires good dribbling abilities, which I previously detailed in Messi's case (in my "The best dribbler in history" entry and continuation), and also a relatively good speed and deacceleration to get close to the goal. But for Messi, there are many cases of him doing this, which I will detail below.

Some of his most popular solo goals are of course his run against Getafe in the 2006/07 Copa del Rey semi-finals, emulating Maradona, his solo goal against Athletic Bilbao in the 2014/15 Copa del Rey final, which I will expand on in a later entry, and his goal against Real Madrid in the 2010/11 UCL semi-finals.


But those are not his only solo goals by any means. A great video by Messi Magic™ shows 20 solo goals from Messi, an insane amount from any other footballer, but normal for the Argentine.


I hope you liked this entry, and as always, I'll see you in the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messi promotes eFootball

Today, eFootball released their official reveal trailer for their new game, succeeding Pro Evolution Soccer. The game will be free and will...