Friday, April 9, 2021

Messi, the ambassador of Rosario

In 2011, after an amazing year with a lot of trophies and goals, Messi went to his native city, Rosario, on vacations. On the 30th of December, he was called to be the ambassador of Rosario to the world, which was an important recognition and showed his importance to the citizens of Rosario. The distinction was handed by the mayoress of the district, Mónica Fein.


He talked a lot during the press conference, saying at one moment "It is a great pride for me to receive this award, in my city, in my country. I want to thank this recognition in Rosario, in my house, in the place where I was born, where my people and my family are and where will surely I live.", saying that Rosario is a beautiful city that grows every year, and he also spoke about other topics.

Since Cristina Kirchner (Argentina's president at the time) would undergo an operation for her thyroid cancer in a few days, he supported her in this difficult time alongside his foundation. And since Gerardo Martino was recently signed as Newell's manager, he spoke well of him, saying that he was loved by the clubs and the fans, and hoped the best for him.

Overall, it's now clear that Messi is the most famous person from Rosario ever, so it makes sense that he would be the ambassador to the world of the city. I hope you liked this entry, and as always, I'll see you in the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messi promotes eFootball

Today, eFootball released their official reveal trailer for their new game, succeeding Pro Evolution Soccer. The game will be free and will...